Richard and Siw Evans bought Llaethliw in 2008. Both are local to the area having been brought up in the Teifi and Aeron valleys. They have two children Megan and Jac. The Vineyard idea came to Richard on an inspiration after delving into the diversification of farming and climate change. After a series of soil tests and drainage schemes, 6500 vines were planted in 2009. Jac completed a Viticulture course 2010-2012 at Plumpton college and returned home to manage the vineyard. A further 10 acres 7,000 vines was planted in April, 2016
Llaethliw – A 79 Ton schooner built in 1846 at Traethgwyn Beach, New Quay. The Llaethliw was built for the Squire of Llaethliw Estate, Jenkin Beynon. He sold shares in the ship to local businessmen and farmers to finance the build leaving himself with 6 shares. She carried supplies of coal, colm, lime, wood and slates between local coastal ports. She was operated by Evan Timothy and Co and Captained by John Davies of New Quay and the only ship built in New Quay with a Welsh name. In 1882, she floundered on a journey to Limerick during a severe storm and was swept ashore onto the Goodwick Sands, Fishguard. The crew were rescued by lifeboat with no Loss of Life.